I'll start with last evening's sunset photo. They are all beautiful, but we get so spoiled that when there are clouds on the horizon which preclude a wowie zowie sunset, we end up calling it a dudder.
Today we went upcountry, which is the area of the foothills of Haleakala. We went to the cowboy and art town of Makawao. We stopped into Hot island glass and watched Chris create a couple of jellyfish. I'd love to own one of those lovely blue platters, but probably never will. The camera on my phone doesn't do justice. (I noticed that most pics seem a little dark and I don't have a way to adjust brightness on my phone'scamera app.)
On the way down the mountain, I got some good pics of a wonderful stone church and of some neon purple jacaranda trees that grow at that elevation.
We stopped in Lahaina for some shopping and a choc macadamia nut ice cream. Home again listening to the waves below our balcony.
Love the pics! Sounds like you are having a nice, relaxing, meandering time.
ReplyDelete