Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Music and good friends

Today Ronnie had the rare treat of playing with Ernest at the Hula grill during the lunch hour. Shelley got the rare treat of basking in all that great music!

I was going to post a video, either here on the blog or on Ron's FB account, but from what I gather, my videos are too big.

After the gig, Ernest had us over to his house to play with his equipment, loop boards, effects, etc., and to show us his lap steel that he is teaching himself to play. He let me play his Koa wood Taylor. It is a beautiful instrument.

We came back to our place after that, and then joined Ernest and Lisa for sushi after she got off work. We had a delightful time visiting.

Oh, I forgot that I had taken pics of some of our prettiest feathered friends this morning feasting on bagle crumbs. They look like some kind of cardinal to me, but I'm sure that is incorrect. I'll have to check my Maui bird book when I get home. Great place for it and my other Maui books...at home...







2 comments:

  1. Ernest looks GOOD! Tell him that Wendy and Dave say "Hi". Is Lisa his wife?

    Were those pictures taken at his house? If so, it looks like he lives right on the water. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I didn't respond right away. Yes, Lisa is Ernest's wife. No, the pictures were taken at Hula Grill. Although Ernest's house if not but two or three walking blocks to the ocean and you can see it from his windows.

    ReplyDelete