Friday we had a lovely sunset, watched from our deck while having POG (pineapple, orange, and guava) with coconut rum.
Saturday we went to the feast at Lele, our absolute favorite gourmet luau, right on the water's edge. We have been a number of times and it never fails to delight. I've thrown in some photos of the dancers, of a great drink made with bananas, coconut, Bailey's irish cream and a few other delectable items.
We love this luau because the serve dishes from Hawaii, New Zealand, Tahiti and Samoa, including one of my favorite salads, that includes fern tips, asparagus and maybe a bit of crunchy seaweed. I took pictures of the menu and may try to replicate a couple of the items.
We drove most of the way to Hana today (Sunday), which is the rainforest side of the island. It is a slw and windy journey, including many one lane bridges and sections where you have to yield to oncoming traffic. It is no wonder many of the islanders disdain the vacationers. We saw many oblivious drivers today.
Anyway, I took a self pic of Ronnie and me in front of waves crashing on a lava beach. I don't know how kids take such good self pics! It must be part of the young gene! I took a couple of flash pics of us at the luau last night and only got from the nose up,, and one pic only managed to include myself!
Another lovely day.
Your pictures are the next best thing to being there! (Well, they can't REALLY compare, but they sure do bring back a lot of terrific memories!)
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about the difficulty of taking a self-picture! I've never been able to master it, either. After several pictures of my forehead, I just gave up......